In this section, I'll inform you about the latest MSX-news I collected! Here are the headlines: (i.e. headlines only!) (most news is about new releases!)
If you think you have some news that has to be added: email me! See Info for more details or mail me right away.
- For newer news, check www.msx.org or AAMSX Website (sorry, I have no time anymore to update this...)
- For news about Arranger IV, check out the Allosoft Activities section!
- The Tilburg MSX Fair/Meeting was very great!
- The FAQ has had 9755 visitors since April 1st 1998, when I opened the new FAQ
(which I took over from The Red Devil that year)!! Thank you all for your
visits!! Keep it up! ;-)
- Tilburg will go on this year (1999), but on a different location! Exhibitioneers,
mail to firstname.lastname@example.org! I'm hoping to see
you all in "Wijkcentrum 'De Schans'", De Schans 123, Tilburg, on the 24th of
- Quote from The Official Arranger Page: Arranger IV, the fourth music disk in the series will be
produced and released after all. Zodiac has given the
exclusive rights for distribution of the disk to Allosoft.
Arranger IV was not completely finished a few years back,
but will be 100% completed soon.
- Zandvoort '98 was quite cosy! Thanks Jaap!
- This page has had more than 4000 visitors now! Thanks visitors!
- Keep checking that NWO homepage, because they keep releasing new versions
of Moonblaster for Moonsound WAVE...
- The Lost World, which was released in Tilburg and which is a great game
still had a few bugs on MSX2, so if your game gives problems, contact Rob Hiep. He'll handle it properly.
- Be-Bop Bout was released in Tilburg!
- Too bad, the new music disk of DanDan (AudioWave 4) will not be ready in
- The new RS-232 Interface of Erik Maas will be sold in Tilburg '98!
- There's a rumour the OPL4 is out of production... Hurry up buying a Moonsound!
- New game for Tilburg '98 or Barcelona '98: Fighter's Ragnarok,
by Delta-z... Check out the promo!
- The Lost World by Umax is going to be released in Tilburg! (1998)
- FKD-Fan has quit with their magazine... :-(
- Moonblaster for Moonsound WAVE 1.06 has been released. See the NWO homepage!
- Sunrise Hardware Service doesn't exist anymore... Don't send them any stuff anymore!
- Erik Maas is working on a new RS-232 interface for MSX!
- Omega will present his new music disk for Moonsound "Pure" on Tilburg '98!
- The 3000-visitors limit has been passed! (5 March 1998)
- MCCM, the last professional Dutch MSX magazine has published their very
final number, with 2 CD-ROMs to soften the pain...
- The Dagger and Vase of the great game "The Maze of Galious" have been
located! Go check out Sean Young's MoG page for details!
- Great! This page has had over 2000 visitors (since January 1997)!! (7 Oct 1997)
- Peter Meulendijks showed a working version of "The Lost World" in
Zandvoort! Buy this Dragonslayer 6 look-a-like-RPG when it's finished!
- An official update of Oracle was released (v. 1.10)
- X-TAZY again looked VERY promising!
- Bomberman 2 was released and Paragon already showed some new stuff they're working on...
- Cas made a new version (improved of course) of the Core Dump promo.
- A promo of Bomberman 2 is available! See the Paragon Homepage
- The Core Dump Promo was released today! DOWNLOAD IT!
- Aurora is working on some game to present at Zandvoort, which will be
called "Harry Ant's Race Against Time"... It was not finished yet in Zandvoort,
and maybe finished in Tilburg '98 (don't quote me on that!)
- An incredible lot of files have been uploaded to FUNet! Go check it out!
- "The Incredible Micro Mirror Men"-project of N.O.P. is paused, because NOP
has a lack of time... Too busy with their studies etc..
- The #msx irc channel on Undernet is registred! There's now permanent a bot
running around on #msx..
- Shimanuki Koshi & Sean Young are trying to translate Parodius at the
- Takamichi Suzakawa (yes, the guy who also translated Solid Snake together
with Maarten ter Huurne) is working on more translation-projects, like Final
Fantasy 1 and the documentation of Ese-SCC.
- Aurora sold about 50 copies (together) of Exor and Ruby & Jade! And it's
still for sale of course, see the Aurora-page for ADDRESSes etc.
Only one problem: there seem to be some disks with copy-bugs. If your copy has
problems, read the manual...
- MSX Computer-Club Deutschland is working on 2 games: Galactic Empire 2 and
Kaiser, demoversion is being made... You could have seen it on Tilburg.
- The Techno Crew is making a nice version of Pang for MSX2 with Music/Audio/Moonsound: Ballbusters! Music: omega Code: tbm Gfx1: Willem Wubs Gfx2: mcs. It contains different worlds, and different levels. More features: screen 5, 1 or 2 players (together), possible releasedate: 1997 :) They're also working on a demoversion...
- Oracle (from Fuzzy Logic) is finished! Great new musicprogram for
Music/Audio! This program gets everything out of these music-chips! (And when I
say everything, I mean everything!!)
- Erik Maas is working hard on Erix 2.00 (with color ANSI for V9938!)
- Joost Klootwijk is developping a TCP/IP-MSX program/driver! Look at Joost's MSX-info page! He's working together with Trunks, and everything seems to go very promising!
Text © 1996-2001 by Allosoft (see at "Info and stuff")
This subpage was last updated on 31-10-2001
(go to next page of (local) pagelist)